Surveillance / ALPR in one

For the past several years I have “tinkered” with raspberry pi and arduino systems and while I have become fairly familiar with using and programming them, my knowledgbase is pretty limited when it comes to integration. So please forgive any typographical or reference errors. In fact, I’m not even sure what the proper pronunciation of “daemon” is.

I am building a proof-of-concept self contained (battery powered) surveillance system (2 cameras max) that can be deployed quickly and covertly. While the camera feeds can be monitored remotely, I would like to integrate OpenALPR’s Watchman daemon to process the feeds and push results to the OpenALPR dashboard (cloud).

For purposes of the proof-of-concept, which will later be scaled up to a TX2 with axis cameras, I am using a Jetson Nano with a raspberry pi V2 camera. I also have a Waveshare 4g hat but have yet to hook that up, I am working one problem at a time.

Thus far, I have been able to flash the Nano with Jetpack 4.3, install Watchman, create a pipeline to monitor the camera, and push the results to the dashboard. However, despite my best efforts, I have been unsuccessful at integrating a surveillance webserver (i.e. Shinobi) with Watchman.

Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.