been wanting to setup a little test machine to have a play with ALPR for a couple years now, finally mate some time! I’ve installed it on a rPi just to test and am waiting on a Nvidia dev box to arrive to have a play on that too.
I’ve installed the binaries and tested a few images I have, one being that below but its not recognising anything. The sample below is of an Australian number plate, once I confirm its working, would like to learn how to train it for New Zealand plates, but first things first, get it working…
root@raspberrypi:~/car-images# alpr -c au IMG_7181.jpg
No license plates found.