Mobile LPR

Hello, has anyone used old camera systems from DRN or likewise with OpenAlpr? I am wanting to use a good LPR camera system for repoessesion work. Any help with this would be apprerciated. Has anyone developed their own mobile LPR camera system with consumer hardware? Thank You.

i have been looking for a reliable source as well using ip cameras, non drn. most of the lpr programs do not gps tag and are designed for parking lot/stationary mounting

I’ve setup a couple different variations using Nvidia Jetson boards (TX2 & Nano) with a couple ip cameras and a USB gps. They’ve worked great. I’m using the Nano right now. I like it because it’s small and easy to move from car to car

But honestly the easiest, and probably best, setup was just running openalpr off of a good laptop with a Nvidia card. I started playing around with the Nvidia Jetsons when COVID hit because my kids stole all the good laptops for school.

As far as cameras, I’m just using a couple small Aercont ip cameras mounted with a bracket to my visor mounts.

Thank you for the reply. I guess I am having a hard time finding in the software where the GPS data is setup. Can you point me in the right direction? I appreciate all your time and help in advance.

Hello Clay, We do not have any history with older DRN camera systems. However we do have a system similar to that same style that we have built out. https://www.openalpr.com/hardware/finder If you were to fill out that contact card you would get in touch with someone who could assist with this inquiry.

Best,

Rekor Support